Monday, August 25, 2008

Some Pink Socks...

So, it's been a slightly longer while than I expected -- regardless, I come with pictures. (And a post.)




Details.
Yarn: Koigu, Painter's Palette Merino, in one juicy combination of pinks, reds, and oranges.
Needles: Pointy metal size 1s in that powdery metal finish. They made my right hand middle finger go numb, and I'm not totally sure what was up with that.



Destined for my mom -- I had such a great time choosing the yarn, knitting the cables, and doing the first sock. Alas, the second sock dragged like a ... well, you know. Finishing the foot was a day long slog that involved staying up past my bedtime just to GET IT DONE.



And yet ... I love them. There may be a hold on top-down basic stockinette socks (the tedium of not having a pattern repeat to look forward to or count bothered me in a way that I'd never felt before!) for a while, but I'll be back. For real.

Next up, patterned finished socks, and some works in progress.

1 comment:

La Nina said...

Pretty! I swore off socks for just that reason--the second one is never as fun as the first, but I recently found some pretty sock yarn in pink...and now I think I'm going to have a go at them again!